Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Curious how women feel. Did she not make the wrong decision?

I know this is long, and quite ... brutal, but I would really like to hear how women/mothers feel.



I was reading a collection of rather extreme crime cases, and one in particular caused me to think of the above question.



Two men and a woman (all armed) committed a home invasion. At the home were two women, the 7 year old daughter of one of the women, and a 43-year-old man who just so happened to be at the house while conducting a door-to-door survey. He was a total stranger to the women.

All four were stripped naked and tied to chairs.



The criminals then told the man that unless he cut off his own penis, the two male criminals would rape the little girl. The man refused. One of the men began molesting the little girl.

The criminals then told the mother that if she cut off the male captive's penis, they wouldn't rape the little girl. The woman agreed.



She was made to kneel at gunpoint in front of the bound man, and was first told to get him as erect as possible, and then to torture his penis with a cigarette lighter. After several minutes of this, she was given a box cutter, and told to cut off the man's penis, which she did. They retied the woman, and then the three criminals left, taking the man's penis with them. It was never found.



I'm sure this was a very difficult decision for the mother, but do you agree with me that she made the wrong decision in agreeing to cut off the man's penis?



Would you have made the same decision as her?Curious how women feel. Did she not make the wrong decision?Since there were no ties between the male victim and the three other female victims, I would bet many people would be willing to hurt someone unknown to them, vs having their own child tortured. If the male victim had been a brother, husband or father or son of one of the female victims, it would have been a horrible decision to make. I don't think it's the gender that matters in this case, but the relationship between the victims that would take precedence, as well as the age of the victims. But then again rape vs dismemberment is also a dramatic choice, but the rape of a child is truly heinous to most civilized people as well as dismemberment.



I would have done nothing, as there was no guarantee that after torturing and dismembering someone, that the kidnappers would not still rape the child, the women, and murder all of them. I'm rather cynical-I wouldn't trust the word of torturous kidnappers.Curious how women feel. Did she not make the wrong decision?My jaw DROPPED while I read this. That is one of the most awful things I've ever read. What a sick, sick world we live in. I won't stop thinking about this one for a while. I hope these freaks are apprehended, on the double, and given a tougher sentence than most violent criminals are blessed with.



That poor, poor survey worker. I couldn't imagine having my clitoris torn from my body, or any other appendage, in such a repulsive manner.



And they didn't even demand any material values in exchange? Just their own morbid gratification? ROTTEN.



As hard as it is for me to admit it, though...I probably would cut off the penis. If I knew the man, however, it would be much, much harder...perhaps even impossible. I really don't know. But at the sake of my child, I'd probably do anything when put on the spot and in such a vulnerable position, at gun-point.



I may not be a mother, but I can understand the will to do ANYTHING to keep that child safe, and to put my own safety behind theirs. But that is a terribly difficult decision for anyone to make.