Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How to handle a office meeting when boss is against me?

I have a meeting in next 1 hour, with 3 functional heads. I'm looking into the operations, %26amp; am the softest target for tageting their shortcomings. the problem is that my boss will be present %26amp; he has up front refused to stand by me, for some personal issues.



Now I have to defend myself, anyhow. how do I go about it. Any tips???How to handle a office meeting when boss is against me?Dude the best thing to do in any organisation is to be on your boss's good side. However if that's not possible make your presentations more attractive and ensure that it is liked by the functional head this way you will build a rapport with the heads and will be ahead of your boss.How to handle a office meeting when boss is against me?Use facts - undeniable evidence and proof will show the heads your are correct, e.g. use pie-charts if that is relevant.



If you boss is against because of YOUR personal issues, then he may be breaking discrimination laws and you may be liable to sue him. If he opposes you because of something like marital status or age etc. you may be on a winner. Check your governments official website or law section for full details; maybe get a lawyer to look into it for you. Don't jump the gun though, if he is in the right and you attempt to sue, you will almost definitely lose your job...



Run through your facts, remember key points and keep calm. Ultimately, speak the truth and if your boss makes a jibe at you, respond in a calm and collective manner using fact to prove him wrong in front of your heads, but not in a harsh manner where he may get frustrated.



Good luck.How to handle a office meeting when boss is against me?Be confident, be patent, and be the good guy.How to handle a office meeting when boss is against me?Just introspect and try to find out what irritates him about you.How to handle a office meeting when boss is against me?If you are a confirmed employee and (or ) in a government sector confront in the meeting.

Offence is the best form of defence.



Otherwise looking for a other job is always open.