Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do I lift the front end of my truck so it is level with the back?

I have a 94 Dodge 4x4 Pick Up. The back of the truck sits higher than the front and I want to level it out. Also, I have 33%26quot; tires that rub in the front if I turn too sharp, it is a HUGE hassle and I must get it fixed. What can I do? Cheapest route and prices?How do I lift the front end of my truck so it is level with the back?There are a few companies out there that sell front end lift kits for 4-wheel drive trucks. I think Summitracing is one of them. You just need to get a front end lift kit and that should solve both of your problems. In the oldin days when trucks had leaf front and rear suspensions it was really easy to do, you just added blocks. With todays indipendant suspension however, you will need a kit. Summit racing does sell a 2 inch front leveling kit (part number: SUM-G783) for $121.95. Good luck and Merry Christmas!How do I lift the front end of my truck so it is level with the back?Go to an alignment shop and see if your torsion bars are adjusted wrong if your truck is equipped with them. The torsion bars adjust the ride height. Then they can use the alignment machine as a level. It will give the mechanic info as to where the ride height is at and what part of the truck needs to be raised or lowered.

If it's not equipped with torsion bars the can shim it up to make it level.How do I lift the front end of my truck so it is level with the back?Back in the day, we would put wood blocks between the leaf springs and the axles of our trucks to raise them a little. Picky people will scoff at that but it works and it's cheap.



Other than that pick up a copy of any of the 4x4 magazines at the store. Plenty of lift kit options in there.How do I lift the front end of my truck so it is level with the back?can u put air shocks in maybe??cheap and simple