Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How much HE detergent for front loaders should I use?

Im confused as to how much he detergent I should use for my front loader. Everywhere I've read that these machines use less soap but the instructions on the back of the dergent it says the contrary. For example the instructions read: if using a non he top loading machine fill to line 2

or

if using he front loading machine fill to line 3



This doesn't make sense? If you are supposed to use less soap why do the instructions say otherwise?



Any feedback will be appreciated. Thank you.How much HE detergent for front loaders should I use?There are a few reasons.



1. Some manufacturers probably put that so then you can use more soap and buy more



2. It could be a typo but the company never knew about it?



I always use HE detergent not regular detergent that does not have the HE symbol on the bottle. People say that you can use half as much as the detergent the manufacturers recommend you to use and you will still get your clothes clean so you don't have to worry about putting a lot more detergent in :)How much HE detergent for front loaders should I use?Use what the producer of the product recommends for best results. Top loading machines can't wash as many clothes in one load as a front loading machine. More clothes in the load = more detergent needed to get the items clean.



The only time I use less detergent is for something like my dress clothes that don't really get all that dirty. And for something that is really dirty, adding more detergent (just a bit) and selecting the longest wash cycle will work just fine.