Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I get birds to leave my front porch alone?

We have a slightly enclosed front porch, our front door is far inside a sort ceilinged porch, ilf that makes any sense. I am not bothered by them but my mom is very annoyed by the presence of the birds flying around inside the little area, sitting on our windchimes, sort of being unharmful pests. Is there any way I can just make them go away before my mom harms them?How do I get birds to leave my front porch alone?Maybe you should get your mom a bird field guide so that she might enjoy the small pleasures of nature rather than being annoyed by them. Maybe you can place feeders in the yard to attract them there rather than your porch. Also, they may have a nest on your porch and that is why they are always present. You can hang things that sway in the wind to deter them like CDs on strings or pie tins (if there is no nest). Let your mom know that harming wild native birds or their nests in any way is illegal and can get her fined or jailed. Your other choice is to completely enclose the porch. You cannot very well stop nature because it inconveniences your mom.How do I get birds to leave my front porch alone?Purchase some rubber snakes and place them around. This will get rid of them. I had that same problem with birds wanting to nest in my hanging baskets.