Monday, September 19, 2011

How to care for a wood front door?

I have a nice 3 yr old wood front door. I'd like to know how I should care for it? What do I use to clean it? How often should I clean it? Should I seal it and protect it and if so with what and how often? I just want to make sure I keep it in perfect condition and don't have to refinish it in 5 yrs.How to care for a wood front door?It all depends on if your door is facing south because things can heat up causing more sun fade and UV breakdown than if it was on the north side. If there is a storm door sharing the same door frame the temp can become very high causing warping and peeling if it is not vented by a sliding screen.

Find a marine finish urethane for best possible results.

For maintenance free use a steel clad wood/foam core.How to care for a wood front door?it should have a nice stain -wash with the power hose as you do the rest of the home. indoors, use Murphy's Wood Oil or soap %26amp; water.How to care for a wood front door?Maybe hard to say





http://www.toboc.com/forum3/default.aspx